I have posted two more documents in the week five files. One is two reviews of an ebook only romantic suspense novel, one from a blog and one from amazon. Look over the reviews - do you feel they are both reliable? How likely would you be to buy this book for your library? Looking over the romantic suspense novel reviews, I think they are both good and bad for different reasons. The Amazon interview has a brief synopsis and some descriptions of how the book is written but it is entirely positive (I tend to not trust these kinds of reviews for a book’s quality, maybe that’s just me?). The blog review was not professionally written nor did it have any literary criticism to impart, but it was honest, and it sounds like a review from someone who read the book and is talking to someone else about it frankly and informally, without a stake in the book or the writing of the review. If it seems like something my patron base would be interested in, sure! I would buy it f...
I really love the format of your annotation! It looks like something straight out of a professional magazine and was very eye-catching. I also appreciate that you added the side note about the time frame that it was written and the warning that some of the content may be offensive. Do you think the offensive parts are a detractor from the overall story, or are they simply part of the characters set in that time frame that help spur the story?
ReplyDeleteThanks! It is actually an altered template from the Mac office suite in Pages. I've been trying to be more concise, as my undergraduate writing criticisms often contained "too wordy" in several places... I, personally, think there is a willing suspension of disbelief (thanks, Coleridge) that is possible to enjoy the story within the culture and time frame in which it was set, but it does not help spur the story, and I say that being a white, educated woman with a boatload of privilege who nevertheless balks at common male misconceptions/generalizations about women in fiction... I suppose I am oversensitive to my own grievances and less so to others. I should exercise more.
DeleteGreat annotation!I like that you included information about movie adaptations and that some content may be offensive to readers. Your readalikes and summary are also great. Full points!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Delete